Record Store Day Drops 2020
Mac DeMarco’s Other Here Comes The Cowboy Demos is a brand new collection of demos of previously unheard compositions recorded during the Here Comes The Cowboy sessions. Released via Mac’s Record Label, Other Here Comes The Cowboy Demos is available exclusively to Record Store Day and will be on purple vinyl. Other Here Comes The Cowboy Demos is the companion piece to Here Comes The Cowboy Demos, a separate LP being released everywhere, which features demo versions of album tracks from Here Comes The Cowboy.
SIDE A 1. Eyes On Me 2. Powers Back On 3. Out Of My Head 4. Tommy 5. Seeing Red
SIDE B 1. Yap Man 2. Velvet Johnny 3. Very Spooky 4. Dave 5. Amp Rental 6. New You
The inventor of Exotica/Cocktail music goes Electronic/Moog. Originally released in 1969, and reissued for the first time. This RTI audiophile pressing of Exotic Moog on colored vinyl starts off the Jackpot Records reissue campaign of Martin Denny classics, coming out in 2020. Limited to 1500 copies.
Quiet Village / I Talk To The Trees / Yellow Bird / The Enchanted Sea / Delilah / Let Go (Canto De Ossanha) / Midnight Cowboy / Cast Your Fate To The Wind / Let It Be Me (Je T'Appartiens / A Taste Of Honey / Was It Really Love / Love Me Tonight (All Fine Della Strada)
A 12” Dio picture disc for Record Store Day based around his Magica album. The A-side leads with rare track “Annica” from the Magica sessions and includes live and studio versions of “Lord Of The Last Day”. Side B is the 18 minute epic Dio spoken word piece “Magica Story”.
1. Annica 2. Lord of the Last Day (2019 Remaster) 3. Lord of the Last Day (Live on Magica Tour;2019 - Remaster)
1. Magica Story - Studio Spoken Word (2019 Remaster)
A Record Store Day 7" single with A-side being new song "A Ghost" from Greg's debut solo album Random Desire. The B-side is cover of Bob Dylan's "Girl From North Country" featuring Mark Lanegan on vocals.
“A Ghost” / “Girl From The North Country (feat. Mark Lanegan)”
Live recordings from Billie's acoustic set at Third Man Records in Nashville, pressed on opaque blue vinyl with black paper sleeves. Includes an exclusive poster.
SIDE A – 1. all the good girls go to hell 2. ocean eyes 3. bad guy 4. Idontwannabeyouanymore 5. bury a friend
SIDE B – 1. come out and play 2. COPYCAT 3. i love you 4. Bellyache 5. when the party’s over
Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the formation of ELP, this flame-colored RSD release marks the first time on vinyl for the sold-out 1992 New Jersey show.
1. KARN EVIL 9 1ST IMPRESSION, Pt. 2 2. KNIFE-EDGE 3. BLACK MOON 4. FROM THE BEGINNING
1. AFFAIRS OF THE HEART 2. LUCKY MAN 3. FANFARE FOR THE COMMON MAN / AMERICA / BLUE RONDO À LA TURK
First-ever vinyl issue (outside of an impossible-to-find Brazilian release) of the second (1995) album from the band led by Judas Priest's Rob Halford. Red & black marble vinyl pressing limited to 1500 copies, new gatefold packaging!
I Am Alive; Mouthpiece; Legacy of Hate; Blowout in the Radio Room; Never Again; Small Deadly Space; Gretna Greene; Beneath the Violence; Human Crate; In a World of My Own Making; Psycho Suicide
Kelly Finnigan’s debut solo album for Colemine Records represents the culmination of his 15 years of experience - in the studio as a songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, engineer, producer - and touring the US and Europe as a singer, musician, and band-leader. The content reflects his dedication to expression through the rich American music traditions of soul, gospel, doo-wop, and R&B. The subject is love. Its ecstasies and heartaches. Love sought, found, betrayed, lost, and rediscovered. The result is a marvelous collection of songs and performances that run the gamut from whispering tenderness to roaring appeals; from lean and mean to lush and lovely. And always…always, manifestly honest, and undeniably soulful. With Finnigan guiding these songs from their conception all the way to the record pressing plant, the new release provides the singular voice missing from soul music: a visionary that writes, records, performs and produces his own material.
Colemine Records is proud to present the instrumental version of The Tales People Tell, showcasing Kelly's superior production and arrangement talents.
1. “I Don't Wanna Wait” 2. “I'll Never Love Again” 3. “Smoking & Drinking” 4. “Every Time It Rains” 5. “Catch Me I'm Falling” 6. “Since I Don't Have You Anymore” 7. “Impressions Of You”
8. “I Called You Back Baby” 9. “Freedom” 10. “Can't Let Him Down”
On December 1, 1990 Galaxie 500 played their last European show, in Copenhagen. The show was recorded and released as the live album named for the city. On the 20th anniversary of the release of Copenhagen the album, a special edition is being released by the band for Record Store Day 2020. The etching on the album, and a new t-shirt being sold at record stores on 4/18 features artwork from tattoo artist Matt Crocker.
SIDE A: 1 Decomposing Trees 2 Fourth of July 3 Summertime
SIDE B: 1 Sorry 2 When Will You Come Home 3 Spook
SIDE C: 1 Listen, the Snow is Falling 2 Here She Comes Now 3 Don’t Let Our Youth Go To Waste
SIDE D Etching
Glass Animals will be putting out a special 12” picture disc, featuring smash single "Tokyo Drifting" featuring Denzel Curry and an instrumental version of the track, exclusively for Record Store Day.
“Tokyo Drifting feat. Denzel Curry” / “Tokyo Drifting (Instrumental)”
Through his operas, his symphonies, his compositions for his own ensemble, and his wide-ranging collaborations with artists ranging from Twyla Tharp to Allen Ginsberg, Woody Allen to David Bowie, Philip Glass has had an extraordinary and unprecedented impact upon the musical and intellectual life of his times. The operas - ''Einstein on the Beach,'' ''Satyagraha,'' and ''Akhnaten,'' among many others - play throughout the world's leading houses, and rarely to an empty seat. Glass has written music for experimental theater and for Academy Award-winning motion pictures. Glass is the first composer to win a wide, multi-generational audience in the opera house, the concert hall, the dance world, in film and in popular music - simultaneously. Much of his early work was based on the extended reiteration of brief, elegant melodic fragments that wove in and out of an aural tapestry. Or, to put it another way, it immersed a listener in a sort of sonic weather that twists, turns, surrounds, develops.
In the past 25 years, Glass has composed more than twenty-five operas, large and small; twelve symphonies; three piano concertos and concertos for violin, piano, timpani, and saxophone quartet and orchestra; soundtracks to films ranging from new scores for the stylized classics of Jean Cocteau to Errol Morris's documentary about former defense secretary Robert McNamara; string quartets; a growing body of work for solo piano and organ.
Available on vinyl for the first time as a limited and numbered edition of 1,500 copies. The package includes an 8-page booklet and info on the Philip Glass series on Music On Vinyl, coming in 2020 / 2021.
* 180 gram audiophile vinyl
* Deluxe Lift-off Box Set with blue foil embossing
* Includes 4 printed innersleeves, an 8-page booklet + glossy picture
* Includes booklet with info on the Philip Glass series on Music On Vinyl, coming in 2020 / 2021
* The best / most memorable selections from Naqoyqatsi, Einstein On The Beach, Satyagraha, Akhnaten, In the Upper Room, Songs from Liquid Days, The Photographer, Glassworks, Itaipu and more
* Collaborations with Suzanne Vega, Linda Ronstadt, the Kronos Quartet and Yo-Yo Ma
* Available on vinyl for the first time
* Limited edition 1,500 individually numbered copies
1. Lightning (Songs from Liquid Days) 2. Facades (Glassworks) 3. A Gentleman's Honor (The Photographer) 4. Primacy of Number (Naqoyqatsi)
1. Metamorphosis IV (Liquid Days, Part II) 2. Open The Kingdom (Liquid Days, Part II) 3. Dance II (In The Upper Room) 4. Dance VIII (In The Upper Room)
1. Glasspiece #1 (Rubric From Glassworks) 2. Changing Opinion (Songs From Liquid Days) 3. Opening (Glassworks)
1. Floe (Glassworks) 2. Funeral Of Amenhotep III (Akhnaten) 3. Point Blank (Naqoyqatsi)
1. Wichita Vortex Sutra 2. Forgetting (Songs From Liquid Days) 3. Dance Ix (In The Upper Room)
1. The Dam (Itaipú) 2. Definition (Naqoyqatsi) 3. Protest (Satyagraha) 4. Evening Song (Satyagraha)
1. Hymn To The Sun (Akhnaten) 2. Trial - Prison (Einstein On The Beach) 3. Akhnaten And Nefertiti (Akhnaten) 4. Kuru Field Of Justice (Satyagraha) 5. Knee Play 1 (Einstein On The Beach)
1. Tolstoy Farm (Satyagraha) 2. Window Of Appearances (Akhnaten) 3. Bed (Einstein On The Beach) 4. Epilogue (Akhnaten) 5. Knee Play 5 (Einstein On The Beach)
Recorded live by the BBC on 28th September 1972 at the famed Paris Theatre in London, this is the classic Space Ritual-era Hawkwind, featuring Dave Brock, Nik Turner, Lemmy Kilmister & Stacia Blake. This 11-track, hour long show of the stereo version features Hawkwind classics “Born To Go”, “Seven By Seven” & "Master of the Universe". The release also includes two bonus tracks recorded for Johnny Walker’s BBC Radio 1 show the same year: “Brainstorm” & “Silver Machine”
Live at The Paris Theatre, London
1. Countdown, 2. Born To Go, 3. The Black Corridor
1. Seven By Seven, 2. Brainstorm, 3. Electronic No. 1
1. Master Of The Universe, 2. Paranoia, 3. Earth Calling
1. Silver Machine, 2. Welcome To The Future
Johnnie Walker Radio 1 Session 1972
3. Brainstorm, 4. Silver Machine
Six songs from Brittany Howard, recorded with her full touring band at the famed Sound Emporium studios in Nashville. The collection captures Howard’s songs in a raw and exciting live setting. Features album tracks “Stay High”, “He Loves Me” and more.
SIDE A 1. Stay High 2. Baby 3. He Loves Me
SIDE B 1. 13th Century Metal 2. Tomorrow 3. Presence
Once Upon A Time: The Lost 1965 New York Studio Sessions is a previously unavailable release of recordings from pianist Bob James, captured at Wollman Auditorium by Resonance founder and co-president, George Klabin. This limited edition 180-gram LP features James performing a mix of jazz standards and original compositions in two different trio settings — one with bassist Larry Rockwell & drummer Robert (Cleve) Pozar, and one with bassist Bill Woods & drummer Omar Clay. The deluxe gatefold set includes an extensive booklet of essays plus new interviews with Bob James, and rare photographs.
SIDE A 1. Once Upon A Time 2. Lateef Minor 7th 3. Variations 4. Serenata
SIDE B 1. Airegin 2. Blues in F 3. Indian Summer 4. Solar
Stormwatch 2 features the tracks from the Stormwatch 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition that were not on the original vinyl album. All Tracks Remixed by Steven Wilson
1. Broadford Bazaar 2. Crossword 3. Dun Ringill (Early Version) 4. Dark Ages (Early Version)
1. Urban Apocalypse 2. Kelpie 3. Man Of God 4. Sweet Dream Fanfare 5. Sweet Dream (Live)
One of Judas Priest’s most beloved and recognizable albums is celebrating its 40th anniversary. To mark the occasion, the album is being pressed on red, white and blue marbled double vinyl with the album artwork featured on each disc.
DISC 1 SIDE A 1. “Breaking The Law” 2. “Rapid Fire” 3. “Metal Gods” 4. “Grinder” 5. “United”
DISC 2 SIDE A 1. “Living After Midnight” 2. “You Don’t Have To Be Old To Be Wise” 3. “The Rage” 4. “Steeler”
Out of print in the US for over 35 years, this red vinyl gatefold RSD release brings the 1972 compilation of Kinks tracks (1966-71) back to record stores. The 28 tracks include hits, album tracks, US-only versions, non-album singles, B-sides, and the original sleeve-notes are recreated.
1. VICTORIA 3:39, 2. THE VILLAGE GREEN PRESERVATION SOCIETY 2:49, 3. BERKELEY MEWS 2:40, 4. HOLIDAY IN WAIKIKI 2:46, 5. WILLESDEN GREEN (From the Soundtrack of the film “Percy”), 6. THIS IS WHERE I BELONG 2:25, 7. WATERLOO SUNSET 3:17
1. LOLA 4:04, 2. MINDLESS CHILD OF MOTHERHOOD 3:12, 3. POLLY 2:51, 4. BIG BLACK SMOKE 2:37, 5. SUSANNAH'S STILL ALIVE 2:22, 6. SHE'S GOT EVERYTHING 3:10, 7. DAYS 2:50
1. DAVID WATTS 2:41, 2. DEADEND STREET 3:26, 3. SHANGRI-LA 5:18, 4. AUTUMN ALMANAC 3:16, 5. SUNNY AFTERNOON 3:37, 6. GET BACK IN LINE 3:08, 7. DID YOU SEE HIS NAME? 1:56
1. FANCY 2:30, 2. WONDERBOY 2:49, 3. APEMAN 3:56, 4. KING KONG 3:25, 5. MR. PLEASANT 3:01, 6. GOD'S CHILDREN (From the Soundtrack of the film “Percy”) 3:19, 7. DEATH OF A CLOWN 3:11
Ned Lagin's Seastones is a groundbreaking electronic work which features musicians Jerry Garcia, Phil Lesh, David Crosby, Grace Slick, David Freiberg, Mickey Hart, and Spencer Dryden. Interweaving musical technologies with sound art, science, linguistics, philosophy, and early music, Seastones is comprised of pieces that are dynamic, rich and deep. It embodies the technological history of electronic music by taking full advantage of tape music, synthesizers, and computer technology. Originally released by the Grateful Dead's Round Records in 1975 and marketed to Deadheads, Seastoneâ€™s reputation as a gem of electronic music was overshadowed by the celebrity of the musicians who contributed to the source material. This LP draws from released and unreleased Seastones tracks and contains gorgeous extended Garcia vocal passages processed by Lagin who was an intermittent member of the Grateful Dead until the band broke up in 1974. Audiophile quality LP cut by Golden Mastering and pressed at RTI for optimal sound.
First time on vinyl! - “Filled with seriously beautiful singing, “Drag” sharpens Ms. lang’s image as pop music’s smartest post-modern torch singer.” -New York Times
“A collection of covers that are somehow related to smoking, “Drag” is far more ambitious than the average cover record.” -All Music
Limited Edition - Pressed on smoky vinyl